Tuesday, April 24, 2012

{One Love} Wedding Photography Workshop in Santa Monica

The Flower Lab had the pleasure of working with Sara of One Love Photography, a photographer extraordinaire. Sara was running a wedding photography workshop in Santa Monica and we helped out by providing a bridal bouquet and matching boutonniere.
The pictures are STUNNING!!! For the bouquet, I had free run of whatever I wanted to create. Sara just wanted me to have fun with the flowers, and I did indeed! I had just consulted with a couple earlier that month and became inspired by their floral decor. So for this photo shoot, I planned to make a very natural bouquet with lots of interesting leaves.
At the market that week, I saw that my favorite phalaenopsis orchid supplier had buckets of these awesome bicolor yellow and burgundy orchids. I let these orchids set the tone for the rest of the bouquet and included deep burgundy mini calla lilies, burgundy anemones, dark brown/burgundy succulents, and burgundy amaranthus. In addition to the flowers, sword ferns, variegated Italian pittosporum, and large branchy leaves filled out the bouquet.


 hope you enjoy these photographs taken by Sara and her students. I love how they found such unique settings around the beach and pier for these images. Ahh Santa Monica — isn’t it a wonderful environment for your wedding and engagement pictures???





No comments:

Post a Comment